If you have visited my blog before, you will notice that the slick MD logo is gone.
Heck yeah – it’s gone for good, at least banner-wise.
Because I’m going to turn up the volume.
The old motto “MD – Spread your influence” sounded cool, and certainly looked cool, but it didn’t inspire…not even myself.
Every day I woke up, and mumbled the line “Spread your influence”, my brain fired back with a sharp “Why ?”
Yeah – why ?
That tiny little word pierced through my passionate body and left me with an imagined hole.
Why spread your influence ?
This is not a clear direction, and spreading influence for the sake of spreading your influence is more useless than eating at McDonalds.
And if you read my blog, you know that I’m all about a clear direction – finding your “why” – your mission.
After endless hours of thinking, Mr. Epiphany finally came to me and punched some much-needed clarity into my mind:
My goal is to inspire people. And to be more precise – I want to get people fired up to leave their own dent in the (digital) universe, preferably through entrepreneurship. Get excited and DO stuff.
Let’s start with this:
IMPACT YOUR WORLD
Like a blazing meteor – but instead of slamming a crater into earth, you are going to impact people’s minds. Booooooom. Just like that.
Here’s the revelation:
Life becomes awesome when you don’t make it about yourself.
And those are words are coming out from the mouth of a big egoist (hint: it’s me!)
What the hell does this mean ?
It simply means that you shift your focus from “you” to the “world”.
So, instead of asking yourself:
- …how to get better at writing, ask yourself how to write stuff that blows people away
- …will I ever enough money, ask yourself how you can create something that fans will love to pay for
- …if you make a difference, ask yourself how you can increase your impact on the life of people
Can you see the pattern ? It’s all about making the world around you awesome. Not only does this feel incredibly good (and vaporizes your self-absorbed problems), it also gives you enough motivation to keep going – because you can always increase your influence.
When you use your strengths – the stuff that you excel at – and you spread your influence, you will make an impact.
Now this isn’t some “mumbo-jumbo kumbaya my lord” crap I copied from a third class self-help book. This is real experience from my own life:
- Met an avid marsdorian.com fan at a movie premiere (!), telling me how much I inspired him to go out and do things. This fella is now going to go fully berserk with his freelancing career, thanx to the fire he caught from me.
- Inspired an independent moviemaker to shoot her first short-movie.
- Got a “thank you” mail from a South African who’s now starting his own, blog-based business because of my blog. He wrote that my writing and videos kicked some much needed inspiration into his ass.
- helped a client to create his own digital career
- Talked to an artist who’s now going to re-brand himself and try new, scary arty things that he wanted to do way earlier in his career. He said that my energy infected him and made him finally DO things that matter.
This platform is just 8 months old, but I’m already seeing the impact in the “real” world. Imagine what will happen within a year or two ?
E-P-I-C-N-E-S-S my friend. Pure epicness.
And you know what ?
You can do the same.
Don’t waste time on asking yourself stupid questions like:
- Why am I not (yet) successful ?
- Am I too old/young for this ?
- Can I really make a difference ?
You know what they have in common ? They are all useless. Repeat after me – USELESS.
Fact is, you make a difference, always. No matter how small it may be now – you can – and you WILL scale.
If you want motivation on fire, go tell yourself:
The world needs you!
Tell it yourself every day, every morning and every time you feel like a pointless piece of existence.
And then follow up with the question:
How can I use my strengths to impact the world ?
If you don’t know the answers yet, and you need more fire and inspiration, keep reading this blog :)
Consider this blog the dynamite between your ass cheeks – whenever you feel like sitting down and playing it timidly safe, it will blow up and throw you right back on the action lane.
I plan to do epic shit in life and business, and then share my experience on this blog. I have seen the impact I already caused and I want to take it to a higher level. A much higher level. Check my new mission page to know what I mean.
Why not join me ? – let’s shine together.
- Help your neighbor.
- send someone a positive message
- Inspire your peers to be awesome.
- Write stuff that blows people away.
- Become an entrepreneur.
- Create a blog.
- Better: build a blog-based business