“If I had my own world
I’d build you an empire
From here to the far lands
spread love like violence”
Secret Crowds, Angels and Airwaves
I am going to do amazing things with this Blog, yep, it’s going to be marvelous – but I can’t tell you right now, not yet, because it’s still a secret between me and the universe.
It’s my own epic vision, as strong as a gunshot, a siren on the beach rock. It’s a melody, full of obsession and glorious fun. Every single day, I’m moving a tiny bit towards its fulfillment, and I’m having a blast.
Yeah, I’m delusional as heck, but that’s the most beautiful thing you can be in today’s world !
What does being delusional mean anyway ?
Being delusional means you develop a complete disregard for where your abilities end. You reinvent the way you see yourself and the world around you.
Your state of being is dominating a different sphere of existence; a sacred place where your real personality begins and comparisons ends.
The virtue of being delusional
A lot of people say reality sucks, and I can only add, yeah, your reality sucks !
Seriously, there’s not such a thing as a single reality. We have as many realities as we have humans. Everyone lives in their own world – every thought you ever produce will be a tiny world in itself – an Illusion. And since we’re full of illusions, why not upgrade them to DElusions !
Remember this old adage ?
A little delusion a day keeps the mediocrity away
Unreasonable goals, the courage to try something new, the desire to sharpen your edges. A little madness, but in a good way. The way that inspires people, the way that makes them smile.
Ok, ok, I get the point. Just being super-delusional can be super-dangerous as well.
Your ego can skyrocket, and you might end up thinking that the world will only turn around you, and there’s no value in that. That’s why you have to add a second part to the magic formula.
Bring value to the world
Be as outrageous as possible, a lofty loony, but use it in a way that positively impacts your world
- Create the greatest website in the northern stratosphere and build a caring community around it
- Be an evangelist of your niche and set the world ablaze with your passions
- Offer a service so heavenly good that it even makes angels want to subscribe to your blog !
Your mind is the limit here, and it’s the only limit, my friend.
But in order to do all the amazing stuff, you have to practice your delusional skills. And let me tell you, going mental is hard work ! Devour the following inspirations:
- Love yourself to death. Seriously, love yourself more than your doctor tells you to. Go to your mirror and tell yourself how much you rock !
- Create outrageous goals. Kind of like – I want to become the most inspiring and social internet marketer in the whole, wide world.
Even if you don’t reach that goal, you’ll achieve far more than 99% of the rest.
- Feed your mind with the good stuff. “I can’t do that”, “I screwed up – again” – those are phrases that you’ll send straight to nirvana. From now on, your daily menu will consist of ” I will blow my community away!” and “I will find a way – I always do”
- Enhance your delusional capacities. Think at least 5 super-delusional thoughts a day – how about: “I want to become the emperor of Mars, build my space palace and send my galactic fleet to Jupiter. Having crazy thoughts like that will make your “real” goals feel like a cakewalk.
Right now, this very moment, ask yourself: Can you be absolutely, over-the-rainbow top- delusional and find a way to serve your community with that ?
A ray of light that illuminates the world ?
I think you can. And I think you should.
You’ll find a way to make your website go epic and deliver your service in a galactic way.
You’ll create a movement with like-minded people and change the way people live and work with the web. You will, because you can !
Listen, we don’t need another carbon copy.
Our world needs a loony skyrider like YOU !
Make your vision of where you want to be a reality.
Delusions + service to others = Major impact
If you cherish this post, please Retweet and Facebook-share it !!
And tell me what delusions YOU will use to impact your world !
If you liked this article, you can subscribe to my blog here !
Join a community of Outstanders
In addition to my best content, you can also get my free comic branding guide and weekly, inspirational cartoons straight into your inbox: